The scenario of this masterclass regards the second growth (deuxieme cru) vineyards of the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Among the terroirs of Bordeaux we take a weaving path between the Deuxieme Crus: the wines of those châteaux whose vineyards represent the penultimate summit of the appellation. The character that the wines from these vineyards are able to express goes far beyond this ancient hit parade of the left bank of Bordeaux, and an unofficial category of “super deuxieme cru” has been coined to describe the exception level of quality they’ve achieved.
In this masterclass we offer you a tasting of the different accents that the terroirs of Bordeaux imprint on their respective wines.
We’ll explore the deuxieme cru of the left bank of Bordeaux with Armando Castagno, a renowed expert of the area, and through the wines of:
- Château Gruaud Larose, Saint-Julien 2018 – Imported by Ghilardi
- Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de la Lalande, Pauillac 2018
- Château Brane Cantenac, Margaux 2018 – Imported by Cuzziol Grandi Vini
- Château Pichon Baron, Pauillac 2018 – Imported by Pellegrini
- Château Montrose, Saint Estèphe 2018 – Imported by Sarzi Amadé
This Masterclass is designed for industry professionals. Enthusiasts are, however, welcome to take part. For info please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event languages: IT, EN
Viale della Fiera, 20 - Bologna (Italy)